Scribe's a Store

Tuesday 23 March 2010

FRIGHTENING ORIGINS OF SOME OF TODAY'S "POSITIVE THINKING" MESSAGES

In previous times i have been a huge proponent of "positive thinking/self development" etc, but i recently came across a sermon that revealed a lot about some of the frightening origins, which has me filtering, deleting a lot of my audio and hard copy libraries.

Some of these popular teaching have seeped into the church... and disguised themselves as "gospel"
I know the initial reaction most people will have to this, but listen to what is being said and then you decide.

Not all authors and speakers will fall into this.But it's important to find out who their influences are.

Not trying to convince of anyone to do this or that. All i can do is reveal what i have come across Listen to the evidence of some of the origins and choose your path.

I hereby with draw any endorsement or recommendations that have links or roots in any of the teaching or authors mentioned here.


Listen and let us sharpen our discernment

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=14072746

1 comment:

  1. I haven't listened, but I know exactly what you're referring to. I dread inspiring messages that draw on our strengths alone, as opposed to "grace" from God. Sort of like, "Be your own god" & "be strong in yourself" type of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete