Scribe's a Store

Thursday 18 February 2010

RE: WHY WOULD SHE WANT YOU

I received a comment from a fellow blogger in response to my note 

She said, .....well, let me let her speak for herself

If she does exist...why would she want you? afterall you said it yourself, you are no Adonis. If she is God fearing(un rivalled passion for Holiness), Gorgeous, Modest, Intelligent, Funny and really down to earth; then she would want someone equally as modest and down to earth and the fact that you have all these requirements implies that you aren't. But goodluck!

First of all, she'd have to redefine the word MODEST for me,I must have missed that English class while pulling a Ferris Bueller. I never made any lofty claims about myself so what's your basis? . The whole point of the note, was on dispelling the concept settling, I was not making a casting call for dates or sending out some coded message.

It seems a certain someone just skimmed through the note to find points to disagree on and proceed to launch an attack. Must be my cologne or maybe i just remind her of someone that she doesn't like very much, or like she suggested to me , maybe she falls several notches short of the requirements as she so put it and this is transfer of aggression. I dunno, i'm just speculating ....or maybe the real question is "Have we met, and did I annoy you?? lol Just Kidding, but jokes aside.

Is she saying I shouldn't have any requirements or expectations, especially of someone I'm going to spend the rest of my days with?
That nobody should have criteria for what they want in a mate and take her as she comes?

I dunno about you young lady, but I certainly want to get the best I possibly can when signing a life long contract for admission into that school called marriage, which death is the only graduation in my books. Since i don't believe in divorce, recreational dating, illicit sex ,hedonism,or any of that foolishness seen in daytime soaps I'd like to be rewarded for my wait.

Fact is, looks are not as big a priority to me now, as I've seen surface beauties, who look like Freddy Kruger when you strip away their great looks and examine their character, but that is another topic and beside the point, let me re-emphasize in case anyone missed it, I was dispelling SETTLING and not suggesting that every woman should embody those qualities. After all , if a woman wants a Prince Charming of some sort that has the physical abilities of Superman/Hercules the sensibilities of Mr Rogers, and the charm of Don Juan, why begrudge me?

The reason why most people fail, or don't get what they want in life, is not because they aim too high and miss, but that they aim too low and hit the ground. So I say shoot for the moon, and if you miss, at least you'll land amongst the stars.

Think about it, the person that wants to build a house,"does he not count the cost"?

First of all, he puts a blue print of what he wants from that house. He is the one going to live in the house so the naysayers and neighbours opinions don't matter. He designs the house for what he wants to get out of it.

If he wants security he does not build a cabin in the middle of the projects, with French windows and no lock on the door.

If he wants privacy he does not build a glass house on Time square with Neon lights and no curtains.

A man that wants a a sports car does not go to a Buick Dealership.

A woman that wants a security dog does not go to the poodle shop.

A child that wants to become an athlete does not go on a sumo wrestler diet and sit at home watching re runs of Gilligan's Island.

So Miss Blogger, if you willing to have the lowest, or no expectations from a life time spouse. If someone's left overs are what you are willing to have . If a person that has no character , no regard for Holiness ,up tight and overtly serious is cool with you!!. Well. you are totally welcome, it is a free world . But i personally opt out of that club.

As for her wanting me?Well, that is up to her isn't it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey it's possible she misread you thinking you said you are Adonis hence the reference to modest and down to earth.

    Anyways nice blog u've got and true talks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly, but i have a feeling that isn't the case.

    Thanks for stopping by feel free to visit again.

    ReplyDelete